Sunday, January 3, 2010

Home

We finally made it home from Atlanta! The 3.5 hour drive felt like forever, but we made it. I got to spend some sweet sister time with Emmy this weekend. One of our favorite things to do is travel and stay in hotels. It doesn't matter where it is, we just love the hotel life. I know, it is so weird! We take a bunch of little weekenders together and I must say, I treasure every single one of them! I could not even imagine my life with out a big sister. We have so much fun when we are together and she is truly my best friend! We have been to Atlanta a million times, but this trip was so fun!! We got to spend some time with one of my roommates, Katie, and her family and discovered a new restaurant that we WILL be returning to next time! They had the most divine Maytag blue cheese chips for an appetizer and I had a fried egg grilled cheese BLT for dinner. Yeah, you read that right! It was DELICIOUS! It is a mouthful to say, but totally worth the wait at this place! Our waiter loved our "Smiles" he said and even hooked us up with a Tai Calamari dish! So, if any of you are ever in the big ATL, I would HIGHLY recommend Buckhead Diner! We also got a great rate on our hotel on Priceline! We scored the 4 star Grand Hyatt Buckhead for 70$ a night! The average rate this time of year is 160$ so we really saved! (More money to shop with :)) Do any of you use Priceline? I am a little obsessed with it now!

Of course there was shopping, shopping, and more shopping! We tore it up in Buckhead!! Phipps and "club" Lenox were hoppin' as usual too!! I got so much good stuff for GREAT prices!! My splurge this trip was a pair of Tory Burch flats that I have had my eyes on for a few months now. Tory Burch is my weakness! They are pricey, but worth EVERY penny if you are like me and love a good flashy flat! They are also very comfy on my crazy feet!! (More about that wednesday!) So, all in all, ATL was a huge success!!

On our drive home, over Monteagle mountain I could not help but just look out over God's BEAUTIFUL creation and be even more amazed. Do you ever have those moments when you just look out the window and see things in a new perspective? Well, we were driving and the mountain was just dripping in ice and everything was so glittery (I LOVE glittery!) and just majestic!! The Lord just amazes me every single day with his creations!! I can not even imagine how amazing Heaven will be like! It was just one of those moments where I felt like, who could not believe in a God when looking at this? I know this picture does not even do our beautiful drive justice, but it was gorgeous driving around that mountain!!



I hope 2010 is off to a great start for everyone! I hope everyone is blessed with good health, great family and good friends this year!!

2 comments:

  1. I've been there at the diner years ago... maybe 10...I had a grilled cheese sandwich. It was good!

    Monteagle mountain is beautiful...especially in the Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, I have some Marriott points to burn... bwahahahahahahahahahha!

    ReplyDelete