Monday, January 4, 2010

Nana

Brrrrr! Is everyone else as cold as I am? I have not been able to warm up all day! I feel like if it is going to be this cold, there should be snow on the ground! Can I get an AMEN?

Do you ever have those days where you look at your watch and it is 3PM and you wonder where your day went? I had one of those today! Today my sister picked me up and we grabbed a sandwich to-go from my Nashville fave, Bread and Co. and took it over to our Nana's assisted living place to eat with her. Nana is my only living grandparent, so I try to spend as much time as I can with her while I am in town! I can truly call this woman my hero!! She is seriously amazing and has been through so much, yet never complains! EVER! She is an 89 year old spitfire, but doesn't look a day over 75 ;) She still has her mind too! (She is one of the few over at her place that can remember if she ate or not that day!) I LOVE going over there to visit her because I just think old people are the cutest! They have loved on us their whole lives, and when they get old it is our turn to love on them, and I DO! The things that come out of their mouths just crack me up! It is just like they have lost their filters as they have gotten older. Nana is still getting used to living alone, so it has been a tough couple of months, but I think she is finally getting the hang of things! We lost our grandfather, known as "Da" in March and it has been so tough on all of us, especially her. They would have celebrated their 64th wedding anniversary this year! Did you hear that? 64 years!! I have never seen love like theirs before and I can only HOPE to have what they had one day! I love getting to spend time with Nana, just talking about everything! You really can tell the woman anything and have no judgments passed, no questions asked! The woman has the most servant driven heart I have ever seen! She is a prayer warrior and such an encouragement! Her favorite thing to say (started by my late uncle, Rick) is "We may not have much money, but we sure have a lot of Love!" Nana would give anyone the clothes off her back if it were OK to go nakey! She has helped us out more times than I can count and she wouldn't want it any other way! I wish everyone could have the privilege of knowing this sweet, sweet lady! So, today my blessing of the day is my hero, my Nana :) Words can not even express how much I love this woman! I could talk about her all day if I could! I hope everyone stays warm tonight :)


There she is, Nana!!


This is the front of her "resort" as I like to call it! They have it pretty good here! There are a few things they could change, but the place is 4 star on the inside!

2 comments:

  1. wow looks like a wonderful place to live. as for the cold. here in ct. we have the snow and the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Nana is pretty special, too! Give her a hug from me!

    ReplyDelete