Saturday, January 9, 2010

SHOWER!!

Well, I wish I had exciting news to report on today, but I am afraid I have done NOTHING all day, but sit on my bottom with my foot elevated :) I thought I would love being waited on by mom and sis (Dad got lucky that the electronics show was this week in VEGAS!) but I am feeling quite helpless! I wish so badly to be able to get my own food and drink, or go from the bed to the couch, even to pee by myself (TMI?), but I can't yet. I know I will get there!

Something amazing did happen this afternoon though...I GOT TO TAKE A SHOWER!!!! Thanks to Emmy, I enjoyed a nice, HOT shower this afternoon, and I must say, it was HEAVENLY!! I can't get my foot wet for a couple of weeks (Yes, it is as disgusting as it sounds!) so I had to wear my special leg "protection" or as my Doc calls it, the leg condom! There it is below...

It is quite an amazing invention! It is like a really thick latex, flexible, boot! You pump the air out of it and it just suctions right to your leg and allows no penetration! It is a lifesaver in the shower! So, needless to say, I felt like a new woman after my shower!


It is still FREEZING here! I have not even been outside and I just get cold looking out the window. Hey, at least it snowed :) I don't mind it being so cold, just as long as there is snow on the ground to justify it! Here is another pic I snapped from the chair in the living room this afternoon as I watched all three of my babies play in the snow. My dogs really do bless my spirit :)

2 comments:

  1. That shower boot is a great invention! Wish they had those many years ago when I fractured my ankle and was in a cast for 6 weeks. I had to use shopping bags and stick my foot half out of the shower half the time. It was quite a challenge. Glad you have folks to take good care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Bah. You will be up and at 'em in no time. Just keep doing what you're doing. That will keep swelling and pain down.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete