Friday, January 8, 2010

Road to Recovery...

Whewwwww...I made it! I am glad January 7th has come and gone! Yesterday we arrived at the surgery center at 6AM!! I was greeted by a VERY perky pre-op nurse named Susie, who took very good care of me before I went under! I was really nervous all morning about this surgery because my first one, a year ago, was HORRIBLE! The anesthesia team was awful and the nurses didn't care one bit about you being comfortable or nervous. So, Susie had already won the award in my book for nurse of the year! My doc came by to see me and signed off on the foot they were taking the hardware out of and off we went in to surgery! I got myself up on the operating table and don't remember one thing after that! (No Versed this time Jeannie ;)) The next thing I remember is waking up around 10 in recovery and seeing all of the nurses sitting around a table reading magazines! (Can we say cushy job?) Once I came to, they got my mom and got me out the door and on to recovery at home. The anesthesia didn't agree with me this time, but we wont get in to that. ;) Mom got me home and in the bed and has been taking very good care of me! I slept most of the day, but tried to stay up to watch Alabama win the national title! Can i get a ROLLLLL TIDE? I am not as sleepy today and not in much pain at all! I am anxious to get up and walking in the next few days! Well, as Tracy would say, PEACE AND BLESSIN'S!! I will be back in the next few days for more updates!


My babies Lola and Izzie keeping me company today :) AND the HUGE foot!

2 comments:

  1. Pups like to be in the middle of everything. mine are always close when I'm not feeling great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My niece dogs... how sweet! Be sure to keep those crusty-crusts all lip bawwwwwlmed!
    Bwahahahahahahaahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete